ComSciConcepts-CCWBC is committed to providing a safe, hospitable, and productive environment for everyone present, regardless of race or ethnicity, religion, ability, socioeconomic status, age, physical appearance, economic or professional status, country of origin, sex, gender or gender expression, or sexuality. A conference where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not productive, nor tolerable. Accordingly, ComSciCon prohibits intimidating, threatening, or harassing conduct during our conference and is committed to creating and maintaining a safe environment for everyone during the workshop. This policy applies to speakers, organizers, expert reviewers, and attendees, and by participating in ComSciCon, you agree to adhere to this policy.
ComSciCon expects that participants will:
- Be considerate and respectful to all community members.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior, materials, and speech (more below).
- Speak up if they observe anything at an event that conflicts with this Code of Conduct. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the ComSciCon organizing team immediately.
Unacceptable behavior from any community member will not be tolerated. Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct by any Participants of the event and related event activities. Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the event venue.
Harassment of participants will not be tolerated in any form. Harassment includes:
- Offensive verbal or written comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, national origin, affinity group, etc.
- Viewing or sharing sexual images in public spaces.
- Deliberate or perceived intimidation, stalking, or following.
- Harassing or non consensual photography or recording.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, ComSciCon organizers will take any action they deem appropriate, ranging from a verbal warning to expulsion from the conference, to contacting local authorities.
ComSciConcepts-CCWBC organizers may take action to address any behavior disrupting the conference or making the environment hostile for any participants. We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference events and ComSciCon-related social activities.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the conference staff immediately (by email at the designated confidential address firstname.lastname@example.org). Organizers will be available to assist anyone experiencing unacceptable behavior and will work to help you feel safe for the duration of the event. All reports will be held as confidential by ComSciCon event organizers.
We value your attendance, and want to make the conference experience as educational, productive, and fun as possible.