Emory University's Sanford S. Atwood Chemistry Center is a 270,000 square-foot space designed to foster new ways of teaching and research.
The building has recently undergone renovations largely funded by the proceeds of a discovery of an HIV-Aids drug make at Emory. The building's architecture is an open concept floor plan with a welcoming feel. The once enclosed "bunker" styled building is now replaced with large windows and glass doors the look out onto campus. Inside is a direct reflection of how the building looks from the outside with a library, labs, and spacious and interactive teaching spaces. We hope this building inspires us to collaborate with one another for the name of scicomm!
1515 Dickey Dr