Update: Learn more about our program in our Annual Report, available by clicking here.
ComSciCon-Atlanta is a two-day intensive workshop. On both Thursday, March 1, and Friday, March 2, we will begin with complimentary breakfast starting at 8 AM. We will conclude with evening activities (networking dinners, movie screenings) on both evenings, ending at approximately 9 PM. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and coffee break/snacks will be provided on both days.
PANELS AND BREAKOUT SESSIONS
- Outside of the Box: SciComm in Creative Outlets
- The Big Picture: The importance of interdisciplinary collaboration & intersectional thinking
- The Engaged Scientist: Reaching Out from the Ivory Tower
- The Bread and Butter Panel: Writing for Non-Technical Audiences
- Data is Beautiful: Data Visualization*
- StoryCentric: Telling Your Story*
- Humor in Science Communication*
- Digital Storytelling with Joe Hanson
- Expert Review of Writeathon Submissions
- Mock Interviews
The schedule below is now set. All events take place at the Engineered Biosystems Building at Georgia Tech unless otherwise indicated.
WEDNESDAY February 28
7:00 - 9:00 PM Attendees Mixer at Manuel's Tavern (link here)
THURSDAY March 1
*Breakout Sessions: Attendees will be have a choice of two of the three breakout session options.