ComSciCon is organized by graduate students at Harvard University and MIT, inspired by their work in science communication through the Astrobites and Chembites organization. Sponsorship for ComSciCon events comes from the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences at Harvard, the Faculty of Arts & Sciences at Harvard University, the Harvard University Department of Astronomy, the Harvard Initiative for Learning and Teaching, the Microsoft New England Research and Development Center, and the Office of the Dean for Graduate Education at MIT.
The ComSciCon'13 organizing committee consisted of:
- Nathan Sanders (Harvard University, Astrobites, co-chair)
- Shannon Morey (MIT, Chembites, co-chair)
- Courtney Dressing (Harvard University, Astrobites)
- Maria Drout (Harvard University, Astrobites)
- Christopher Faesi (Harvard University, Astrobites)
- Susanna Kohler (University of Colorado at Boulder, Astrobites)
- Kara Manke (MIT, Chembites,)
- Elisabeth Newton (Harvard University, Astrobites)
- Sukrit Ranjan (Harvard University, Astrobites)
- Alyssa Goodman (Harvard University, Faculty Advisor)
- Marcia Bartusiak (MIT, Faculty Advisor)
2014 ComSciCon events are organized by this returning group, with collaboration from ComSciCon'13 alumns and new contributors.